[torsen] pistons

JShadzi at aol.com JShadzi at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 16:49:08 EDT 2001

Well, not exactly, I mentioned this in the very beginning, but I have not
been dealing directly with Weisco,  an engine-builder friend who has been
dealing directly with Weisco for many years has been the contact, as a favor
he has been facilitating the design with Weisco.  He builds high performance
VW engines (a contact when I worked in the industry), and also deals with
Nascar and drag car engines, so he knows the insides and outs of piston
design and use, and also has much better contacts at Weisco that I.  He still
has the MC-1 piston, and the information I have been passing on is from him.
Tom seems to be directly dealing with Weisco, but our sample piston has not
made it that far, I am waiting for a concensus from the group buy people to
move forward there, because Weisco will charge an additional engineering fee
to desing a piston that may not be made (everytime they sample a piston, they
have to clean it (which they charge for), and then to actually engineer is
costs more, all before the piston is ever made).

Javad

In a message dated 10/17/01 12:55:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,