[torsen] pistons

Tom antiriced at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 13:20:04 EDT 2001

The fee is minimal.. I'm willing to pay that out of pocket if someone can
provide a slug. Yes, I can deal directly with Wiseco. Looks like a run of
less than 5 sets is OK too, but bigger runs are better for timing and price.
I agree that the stock stuff is great, until you try to price a replacement
set :-)

Can we have a show of hands? Who's ready for a set in the next couple
weeks?Offlist since I'm in digest mode here.. -> antiriced at yahoo.com

> Message: 3
> From: JShadzi at aol.com
> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:45:27 EDT
> Subject: Re: [torsen] pistons
> To: Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com, torsen at audifans.com
> Well, not exactly, I mentioned this in the very beginning, but I have not
> been dealing directly with Weisco,  an engine-builder friend who has been
> dealing directly with Weisco for many years has been the contact, as a
> he has been facilitating the design with Weisco.  He builds high
> VW engines (a contact when I worked in the industry), and also deals with
> Nascar and drag car engines, so he knows the insides and outs of piston
> design and use, and also has much better contacts at Weisco that I.  He
> has the MC-1 piston, and the information I have been passing on is from
> Tom seems to be directly dealing with Weisco, but our sample piston has
> made it that far, I am waiting for a concensus from the group buy people
> move forward there, because Weisco will charge an additional engineering
> to desing a piston that may not be made (everytime they sample a piston,
> have to clean it (which they charge for), and then to actually engineer is
> costs more, all before the piston is ever made).
> Javad
> In a message dated 10/17/01 12:55:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com writes:
> << Weisco should already have an MC-1 piston ... it was the item that
>  precipitated this reconsideration of the group buy!
>  I don't think the group buy is off, I am pretty sure that Javad is still
>  wanting to find five sets so he can move forward.  Since there are some
>  folks who are getting out I would imagine it may be an opportunity for
>  of those who missed out to get in now ...
>  Steve Buchholz
>  San Jose, CA (USA) >>

Do You Yahoo!?