[torsen] Re: [s-cars] Re: The dreaded oil thread

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 21:00:06 EST 2002

Jason:
The summary is the same, it would appear.  Instead of me quoting verbatum the
results found in 970922 to counterpoint your other comments, I'd certainly
enjoy a post with your thoughts on the paper itself.  I'm not sure a couple
surprises to your thinking just might be found.

All that said, stablizing temps of a low viscosity oil is a win/win situation
wrt the audi turbos.  Also, those that are using more oil with a thicker oil
might want to think about aeration (and vapor loss thru the PCV system) with
a hotter running oil.

No question, especially in the context of the urS car list, a better oil
cooler is good money spent.  Remember too, those fill times in colder climate
startups.  Definitely don't run thick oils in winter.

HTH