[torsen] vintage model info

Hans Wyder tagish8 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 00:01:18 EST 2002

Greetings all,

I am newly registered here in the hopes of learning
more about my car.

I am the proud owner of a 1983 Audi 4000S Turbo Diesel
and I would like to learn more about it. I am in the
process of restoring this fine automobile and through
this process I am discovering that it is a rare model
these days. I am writing you to learn more about this
car as there is no information available from the
original dealer or other sources I have tried.

I have posted queries on a number of Audi and VW
diesel enthusist websites and chat rooms, but I have
yet to get a response from anybody in the
international community that has had any experience
with this model configuration. I have not heard from
any other similar model owners or even VW owners that
have Jettas or Passats configured with this
engine/transmission combination.

1983 Audi 4000S Turbo Diesel
VIN: WAUFH0817DA034899
Original dealer: Clarkdale Motors Van. BC Canada
Engine: 1.6 litre Turbo Diesel,
Trans: FWD Automatic 089 ‘E’ mode
Factory equip: Power windows & locks, manual sunroof,
heated cloth seats, power steering, air conditioning,
                                               dual
radiator cooling system.
Colour: Zobelbraunmetallic (LY8V).

To this end, I hope that you might be able to let me
know the following:
How many of this model were built?
How many were imported to Canada / North America?
What was stock equipment?
What options where available?
Any other data that you may provide.

I would be pleased to read any information that you
can provide.

I am also waiting for info from the people in
Ingolstadt.

So hands on buzzers - anybody seen this combo before?

Cheers
Doug
YukonAudi