[torsen] Torsen T-3 diff...

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 10:34:08 EST 2002

Good eye Jeff.  Did you notice the slam to the audi Haldex with the "full
time awd all the time" comment?  Looks too, like it hasn't changed all that
much, the amount of shift reduces as you target a different static F/R bias
(than 50/50).  Unlike those that are drooling on the 60/40 r-f static, I like
the idea of keeping the fwd attitude with the 75f/25rear to 60f/40r, it would
seem more complimentary to a static 60f/40r *weight* biased audi quattro,
allowing fwd character all the time.

All that said, it's my understanding that haldex *can* be a full time awd
application, and is already in production (Jeep) in that form.  IMU as well,
that audi *chose* the synchro concept in the haldex application for reasons
known only to them (as of now anyway).

Scott J