[torsen] Re: [s-cars] RE: RS2 turbocharger

S4audinut at aol.com S4audinut at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 20:20:10 EDT 2002

In a message dated 06/15/2002 5:48:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
malth at umich.edu writes:

> I don't think an extra half-liter or so of displacement will do much.
> I've also driven 2000/2001 S4s and they too lack torque.
> Somebody send the RS6 over with a stick or a sequential!
> Chris
> '91 200q20v

Jesus guys, the rs2's dont lack torque, they just dont have it where you want
it. My car reall go's at 3600rpm and I can guarantee it is bumping 400 lb ft,
just doing it around 4000rpm. Torque on the bottom makes a great daily
driver, not a fast car! Adjust your thinking.. If you want torque at 1900rpm
you wont have power at 6000rpm. If you want a 170mph car, it wont do
burnouts. Cant have both quick and fast, you guys want a 150 shot of nitrous,
just buy a case of valves when you get the giggle gas, this is the only way
to get low and high.