[torsen] Re: Haldex Riddle

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Wed Nov 20 09:03:01 EST 2002

I believe the exact example would indicate the possibility that the
driveshafts are spinning at the same speed, wouldn't that actually cause an
Unlock of both devices?

if there is ANY speed differential in driveshafts, BOTH devices should stay
locked.  I think we be looking more at the ability for an ecu intervention
based on wheel speed input (abs sensors) causing the lock/increase lock in
the Haldex and a release in the VC.

I'm not completly with you on the VC not locking up, but for sake of
discussion, I'll accept  the argument.  I still think you are missing
something.  More for your discussions with the H-boys.  I'm starting to
really like this toy, TT application included (maybe with some tweeking).

In a message dated 11/20/02 7:12:48 AM Central Standard Time,