[torsen] Re: [V8] Torsen diffs

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 09:40:16 EDT 2003

Once the torsen reaches maximum Torque Bias Ratio (TBR), it will allow spin.
At which point EDL kicks in.    From autotech 95 c498/30/14
As mentioned previously, Brake Traction Control Systems (BTCS) are capable of
providing both proportioning and limiting.  So how can the Torque Sensing
Differential help?  Since the Torque Sensing differential begins working
*before* wheel spin occurs, the response of the system will be improved.
Aslo, since much of the torque proportioning will be taken car of by the
Torque Sensing differential, less brake effort (by BTCS) will be required."

There you go Mr Bucholz, very true.

Scott TB justusson
In a message dated 4/18/2003 11:09:20 AM Central Daylight Time,