[torsen] Preparing New Engine For Use ...

urq urq at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 22 17:18:35 EDT 2003

I have a brand new engine that I am preparing to install in my car (3.6l V8,
PT code).  While the engine is brand new, the engine number is very low, in
fact from looking at the service fiche the engine predates all engines used
in cars shipped to the USA!  I thought I would post here to see if there are
any suggestions regarding breaking in a brand new engine that was
manufactured over 10 years ago.  Right now I'm planning to pull the spark
plugs and crank it over for a while to get the oil into the engine before
attempting to start, but I thought I'd see if any here had any other
suggestions.  Overall the engine appears to be in good shape ... even the
crankcase ventilation hoses are as supple as the replacement parts obtained
from the dealer.

TIA!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)