[torsen] Simple question

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Thu Jan 30 21:10:06 EST 2003

... sorry, I can't say I've done a lot of web searching to find anything
like what you are requesting ... you might want to try a dogpile search ...

... what do you mean by "how it works?" ... if you are looking for info on
how the thing is plumbed for vacuum you can find that in Section 34 of the
service manual for the car.  If you are looking for a functional description
I would recommend looking at the Introductory Service Training manual for
the Quattro Turbo Coupe ... it goes into a lot of detail about the urq's
drivetrain, which is very much like that in an '85 4kQ.  This manual is
available from Dyment (www.audi.ddsltd.com) as part number WSP45155600.
There was another interesting book I saw listed there: 96210, AUDI QUATTRO
SYSTEM EVOLUTION OF AWD ENG ... I suspect the ENG means the manual is in
English.  Has anyone seen this book yet?

Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)