[torsen] Re: Torsen 3

Keith Maddock Keith.Maddock at TRW.COM
Thu Jan 8 08:21:12 EST 2004

You've got "Quattro X" and "Torsen X" confused.

Quattro 1 , Quattro 2, Quattro 3, are all the different kinds of Audi's AWD systems over the years.

Torsen is just  the center differential used in Quattro 2+  (and rear diffs in Audi V8 models)

Keith Maddock, TRW Automotive,  Koblenz, Germany
Slip Control Systems, Systems Design, Traction Control
+49 (0)261/ 895 2474    -   -   keith.maddock at trw.com
@ Raco, MI USA Winter Test Track 06.01.04 - 16.01.04
     Raco Phone: +1 (906) 248 3882    Extension 27

>>> "Derek Pulvino" <dbpulvino at hotmail.com> 22:02:03 07.01.2004 >>>
Want to make sure I'm clear on this, but Torsen II was the version with the
rear locking diff?  IE 91 200?  And then Torsen I is all around
manual/vacuum lockers?

derek p

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work ―  and
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx

torsen mailing list
torsen at audifans.com