[torsen] Re: Torsen 3

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:08:35 EST 2004

Ahh, so there were running changes in the torsen diff itself?  Was this in
the biasing ratio?  It's hard for me to conceptualize what they could have
changed in the diff itself.  Packaging, strength, other?

And i guess now that I think of it, the early audi quattro was torsen free
and that's why they opted for the full lockers?  If that's the case, I would
have blown my whole torsen I argument out.

derek p

>You've got "Quattro X" and "Torsen X" confused.
>Quattro 1 , Quattro 2, Quattro 3, are all the different kinds of Audi's AWD
>systems over the years.
>Torsen is just  the center differential used in Quattro 2+  (and rear diffs
>in Audi V8 models)
>Keith Maddock, TRW Automotive,  Koblenz, Germany
>Slip Control Systems, Systems Design, Traction Control
>+49 (0)261/ 895 2474    -   -   keith.maddock at trw.com
>@ Raco, MI USA Winter Test Track 06.01.04 - 16.01.04
>      Raco Phone: +1 (906) 248 3882    Extension 27
>Want to make sure I'm clear on this, but Torsen II was the version with the
>rear locking diff?  IE 91 200?  And then Torsen I is all around
>manual/vacuum lockers?
>derek p
>Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work ¯  and
>yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx
>torsen mailing list
>torsen at audifans.com

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here!