[torsen] I-5 EFI Conversion Discussion???

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Wed Mar 10 21:25:35 EST 2004

I was contacted the other day off line by someone who was considering doing
an EFI conversion on his 10v I-5 turbo.  This is something that I've been
mulling about myself.  I thought I'd post here to see if there were any
others who have considered doing the same and would be interested in using
this list to work out the details.

In my case, I would be working to create an EFI system for an engine based
on the WX ... most likely with a K-24 turbo.  I do have a set of Wiseco
pistons and a bunch of other parts to build up a new motor for the project
... but in general I'd like to keep things looking as stock as possible.  My
leanings are to go with the Megasquirt or MegasquirtAVR platform ... I
haven't decided whether it will be fuel only at first or if I will want to
bite off fuel and spark from the beginning.  My ultimate goal would be to
work in a "wideband" OXS system and incorporate "Ion sensing" for in
cylinder combustion monitoring.

Steve B
San Jose, Kaleefohnia (USA)