[torsen] I-5 EFI Conversion Discussion???

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Thu Mar 11 20:53:01 EST 2004

... great to see some interest from someone!  Thanks Duncan!

Are you aware of the MegaVAG group on Yahoo?  I suspect that there may be
some overlap between here and there ... I'm subbed there, but so far I
haven't seen much I've thought was terrifically useful ... but I need to
scour the archive yet ...

It also happens that I need to come up to speed a bit on the Megasquirt
project ... I just learned about the Megasquirt AVR a couple days ago.  I
was involved in the EFI332 group back before the DIY-EFI server crashed ...
so I've got a bunch of parts from the EFI332 project already.

I agree that there may be folks on the other lists who might be interested
in participating ... please do feel free to pass the word to any you think
might be interested!

It seems to me one of the issues that needs to be resolved to simplify the
hook up of the Megasquirt to the Audi engine would be to create a circuit
that can take in the flywheel timing signals that the Audi has (note that
your non-turbo engine may not) ... and create the signal timing that the
Megasquirt wants ... I really don't want to try to find a place to bolt that
60+2 timing wheel to the engine!  As I think I stated in my initial message,
one of my goals is to try to make the system look as stock as possible under
the hood.

Steve B
San Jose, Kaleefohnia (USA)