[torsen] Re: [audi20v] Fwd: Haldex AWD Club Tech Forum

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 10:33:37 EST 2005

ex lister Brendan Rudack also inquired of the Haldex boys (Detroit SAE convention) regarding my question as to why Haldex is a coupling instead of a full time system.  Their response was that it was designed to be full time, but that audi elected to use it as a coupled system.

If one was to look hard at the CAN bus electronic interface on that TT, there is no question in my mind that one could add a locker button to that diff.  Until someone does that, it's 'synchro' (read part time 4wd), not quattro.

HTH

Scott Justusson
QSHIPQ Performance Tuning
Chicago