[torsen] Re: [audi20v] Fwd: Haldex AWD Club Tech Forum

Keith Maddock keith.maddock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:57:10 EST 2005

QSHIPQ at aol.com <QSHIPQ at aol.com> wrote:

> If one was to look hard at the CAN bus electronic interface on that TT, there is
>no question in my mind that one could add a locker button to that diff.  Until
>someone does that, it's 'synchro' (read part time 4wd), not quattro.

It shouldn't be too hard to find an engineer in the industry who knows
the CAN message ID and message format to accomplish that.. :-D

The hard part is finding a cheap, easily programmable microcontroller
device with CAN interface.  I'm sure someone has put something simple
together for a task similar to this...

Cheers,
Keith