[torsen] Re: [audi20v] Fwd: Haldex AWD Club Tech Forum

Keith Maddock Keith.Maddock at TRW.COM
Thu Jan 27 09:54:11 EST 2005

It does input and ouput .
 "Provides 3 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs, together with 2
analog 8-bit inputs."

Unfortunately, the CAN ID range is restricted, and the outgoing message
is fixed, therefore it will NOT work for us.

Further answers from them:

"Sorry this is only available as a kit, the assembly time however
only be 1 hour."

"the ID can be chosen in a range from 0 - 63"

(RE output message format)
 "This is fixed, the output is the address of the unit, followed by
value of the digital inputs/outpus and then the value of the analogue

Reading the instructions, it is really intended as a device to set up a
home management or other independent control system, NOT to interface
with an actual vehicle CAN bus.

It's just come to light that I could use a device like this for some
development vehicles, so I will continue to research (and appreciate any
other suggestions) this kind of hardware.

>>> "urq" <urq at pacbell.net> 01:12:21 27.01.2005 >>>
... from my quick read of the site this is simply something that taps
the bus and can accept control ... it is not a controller.  I thought
were looking for something that could issue commands on the CAN bus to
programming ...

Steve B
San Jose,C A (USA)

> Duncan Thomson <duncan at systemcontrols.co.nz> wrote:
>> not an expert, but may fit the bill:
>> http://www.futurlec.com/CANNode.shtml
>> >The hard part is finding a cheap, easily programmable
>> >device with CAN interface.  I'm sure someone has put something
>> >together for a task similar to this...
> Hmm, nice find!
> Stupid question: is this a "assemble it yourself" kit of components,
> or an assembled circuit board?
> (Reason - I can't solder to save my life!)
> I'll send them an email to find out more infomation - also critical
> how flexible the programming is to allow outputting specific CAN
> message ID's and forrmats.

torsen mailing list
torsen at audifans.com