[torsen] Spider Bites in the new milenium...

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Wed Jun 29 03:10:02 EDT 2005

... I can't comment too much on the A4Q and lurking spiders ... but I
suspect you'll be able to get some good info from folks here ...

I actually appreciated some of the info you posted ... I was not aware
of the interchangeability of the center diff.

I've got the bits in the garage to continue my investigation ... but
what I am looking to do is to adapt the V8's rear Torsen to a locking
urq rear diff ... I doubt it is possible, but I figured I'd put the bits
next to each other to see what issues there'd be ...

I also know the inside rear lifting phenomena well ... my old Fox used
to do it all the time.  The thing was that it never really seemed to
upset the balance of the car that much ... although that was the only
time I ever got that FWD car to oversteer ... it was a situation not
unlike an off camber turn ... and I got to experience the old adage
about oversteer scaring the passengers ... ;-)

Steve B
San Jose, CA (USA)