[urq] Re: Winter Tire sizes

Ed Kellock ekellock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:53:54 EDT 2004

I'm aware of that and agree.

The stock size is 215 and the stock wheel is 8 inches wide.

I intend to use a 205 tire and 7.5-inch wide wheel.

It's not a lot narrower, but it is narrower.

The tire size 195/65-15 is not spec'd for a 7.5-inch wide wheel.  In
fact, I picked up a set of S4 winter package wheels (15x7.5 et40) some
time ago with 195/65's on them that had been run for a while.  It was
obvious by the wheel edge and the shoulders of the tire that this
combo was not good.  I intend to use some V8 flat-faced wheels which
are et35 instead of the S4 winter wheels, to stay closer to the stock
offset of et24 on the 15x8 Ronals.