[urq] ground point 13, wrapping wires

j.koenig j.koenig at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 22 09:55:30 EDT 2005

Turns out it's called "Tommy Tape."  Purchased at the local Ace hardware 
store, but this is a very marine-oriented community.  The mfr is in CT at 
(860) 378-0111, or you might try Google, etc.  My friend warns that it seems 
to seal well but it's surface remains somewhat sticky, unlike electrical 
tape; may attract dust, etc., but it's probably OK under the dash.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "j.koenig" <j.koenig at adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [urq] ground point 13, FOUND

A friend was using some *very* cool self-vulcanizing shrink-wrap tape to do
electrical repairs on his boat last summer.  Looked like just the ticket for
weird shaped situations like you describe.  Not sure where one would find it
... I could ask, or you could try marine supply houses.

More information about the urq mailing list