[urq] CIS sniffer

Tony Lum tlum at flash.net
Mon Apr 25 13:11:07 EDT 2005

At 09:54 AM 4/25/2005, Brandon Rogers wrote:
>saw this a week or so ago but forgot to post - In the back of the latest
>european car mag, in tool of the month - they feature an exhaust gas
>sniffer.  The article specifically talks about it's usefulness in tuning
>CIS cars.  Not sure if/how this would help WX folk because you can measure
>DC with a DMM , but figured it was worth passing along.  I don't know this
>tool may be most helpful to those with Euro models  - and hence no Freq
>ohh and it's made in  the UK  - price about $220

Sounds like the Gunson Gastester.  Phil Payne is not a big fan of these,
but I got one lightly used off of ebay for considerably less.  It also has
a dwell meter for those DC measurements as well as a voltmeter.  Haven't
had a chance to use the CO function, but it seems to calibrate OK according
to the manual.

'83 ur-quattro # 302