[urq] Help needed on UrQ 134 AC conversion.

j.koenig j.koenig at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 22 08:41:13 EST 2005

Free advice that's worth every penny you pay for it:  I've been told by
friends in the business that there's less hype these days about all the
formal conversion procedures -- replacing seals and O-rings, etc. -- and
that simply switching the receiver/dryer (evap can?), completely evacuating
the system and using the right, R134-compatible oil has yielded good,
trouble-free results.  It seems that most of the early concerns about
conversion may have been overkill.  On the other hand, if you have to
reassemble anyway, new seals ...