[urq] Wheel restoration

Brandon Rogers brogers at terrix.com
Thu Jun 2 15:55:16 EDT 2005

I just had my R8's refinished recently (2 weeks ago) so I'll pass on what I
was told by Spec Wheels of America.  Now, keep in mind, of course, the Fuchs
are forged whereas the Ronals are not...In my case they welded up a bead to
restore the curb rash areas.  But I do wonder if they can do this on Fuchs
wheel...  I asked them about repainting Fuchs also, and they said _they_
cannot do a two -tone like a painted and polished wheel - unless it's a 2
piece wheel.  Had to be one or the other.  The Fuch is, I believe, supposed
to have painted and polished areas.  As for a cost datapoint - standard
price was $99/wheel - but extra for painting the whole wheel instead of the
face only, and extra for a non-stock color.

HTH a little