re. [urq] Clutch slave cylinder retaining pin-removal?

Ben Swann benswann at
Wed May 11 00:40:47 EDT 2005

Air chisel directed at correct size center punch - Brapppt - it's out.

[Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 18:03:46 EDT
From: DGraber460 at
Subject: Re: [urq] Clutch slave cylinder retaining pin-removal?
To: urquattro at, urq at

I have wrestled with that pin several times. Ed is right that the right size
punch is critical. The right diameter, and short length are best. I accessed
it from above, laying over the engine from the front, and using a large mass
but small head sledge hammer which allowed about a 3 inch swing from the
side. Your arms will feel like you went through a meat grinder, but it can
done. There should be a retaining spring clip going through it that must be
removed first.