[urq] '83 A/C, burnt wiring smell

Andrew Finney afinn1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:57:54 EDT 2006

I would strongly suggest that it is the AC relay in the glove box. That
plastic holder is melted on almost all pre '84 Audis I see in the junkyard.
Over the years I managed to snag 5 or 6 of the mega silver relays and
consider them to be consumables. I ran a dedicated circuit to the battery
for all the fan/AC connections in the glove box.

Andrew Finney
1983 and 1985 UrQs.

More information about the urq mailing list