[urq] I'm the guy whose rear tie rods were installed upside down. Tie rod damage photo?

steven j michellepfeiffersx at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 17:14:00 EST 2006

Hi - I'm the guy whose rear 'early car'  tie-rods were
installed upside down - reducing body clearance and
putting  dents in the undercarriage.    I finally
started correcting this  - but I wonder if the tie rod
are bent due to this error?  There is a bend where
there are tie rod is still threaded - which seems

Anyone have a photo,  a tie rod in hand - or willing
to peek under their car to see if this bend is normal?
  I was able to loosen the sleeve and flip the tie rod
180 degrees relative to the ball joint end,  so I can
try re-installing.  The through bolt for the tie rod
didn't have a washer as per ETKA   n 011 531 7 ,  I
assume ETKA is correct.    The 2 clamps on the
adjusting sleeve - do they need to be positioned in
any orientation -  like bolts before or behind the tie

BTW - my other side looks the same - which doesn't
prove too much.

Do you Yahoo!?