[urq] Idle switch adjustment

Louis-Alain Richard larichard at plguide.com
Tue Jul 24 14:37:49 EDT 2007

Since this list is so quiet. a little "tuning" data point:
For a while my car had a highish idle. The idle switch was out of
adjustment, and I readjusted it a bit "early" on the closed throttle. After
that, when driving the car in normal traffic, like following a car at low
speeds, I find it very eager to engine brake, even with the throttle still
opened a bit, something I never noticed before. I guess it's because the
idle switch tells the computer to engage idle circuit too early. Anyway, it
makes the driving more jerky. I re-adjusted it nearer the end of the
throttle travel, and now the WX is as smooth as ever. This thing is very
sensitive to adjustment.