[urq] urq EFI conversions

Brandon Rogers brogers at terrix.com
Wed Nov 14 08:39:21 PST 2007

I think this is a great place to talk about EFI conversions - as is
Motorgeek as there is a ton of EFI stuff there - but here it would be
all urq specific - some overlap with Motorgeek but who cares.  Obviously
I got sick of chasing my tail with CIS a few years back - and I think,
from what I know, EFI is an excellent alternative to a 20V conversion.
I get these Shell Gas email newsletters , and the last one talked about
ethanol additives - and it specifically said it can cause issues (vapor
lock IIRC) in older cars - I think it said mid 80's and back.  Backs up
what a lot of people have thought.  EFI will cure hard starting, likely
increase driveability, and enable better use of the super low 7.0:1
compression - i.e., crank up the boost!

Just some rambling....