[urq] Electrical Experts - Question re. Capacitor installation

djdawson2 at aol.com djdawson2 at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 08:24:51 PDT 2007

Keep in mind that you'll have to actually switch the output side of the capacitor... otherwise your coil will be receiving power after ignition is switched off, and until the cap is discharged.

Likewise, when you first go to start the car, a lot of the circuit's power will be sucked up by the cap while it recharges.

Seems like an interesting concept, but in practice I would think that it is overkill... and will probably result in no measurable benefit.