No subject

Mon Feb 18 11:56:36 PST 2008

mightyvac from the nipple on the top of the wastegate. It is not easy to
remove from the wastegate assembly because it is bolted to the piston =
the piston rotates in the WG. You must find a way to secure it, and =
that piston/cup is very brittle, I broke one in a junkyard while trying =
save the diaphragm.

While I was rebuilding my WX, I found numerous little exhaust leaks on =
engine, usually cylinder 5 is leaking from warpage. There was also =
of leaks at the WG to Downpipe corrugated pipe, to the extent that I
installed some crushable gaskets from a Japanese front pipe. Very tricky =
install, but with the exhaust on the bench, much easier. Now, I guess =
install it (one huge assembly, EM + turbo + DP + corrugated pipe) on the
engine before the swap because bolting it on the head while in the car =
not possible (in one piece).=20

So Frank, test the wastegate, and if there is no leaks, you may have to =
do a
R+R on the manifold to correct the leak.=20