[urq] Rear Valance Wheelwell Screws

Alan Pemberton alan_pemberton at telus.net
Thu Jul 31 09:19:40 PDT 2008


Thanks very much for the reply.  I googled "rivet nuts" and, as you suggest, 
this is what they are.  I hadn't come across these before - another tool 
will add to the collection!

85 urq

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike Sylvester" <mike at urq20v.com>
To: "Alan Pemberton" <alan_pemberton at telus.net>
Cc: "'URQ'" <urq at audifans.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:32 AM
Subject: RE: [urq] Rear Valance Wheelwell Screws

I've never seen the factory parts prior to installation, but I would
guess that they are rivet nuts.
I replaced the ones on my car with generic stainless steel rivet nuts.
A rivet nut tool is used to install them.  It is much like a standard
rivet tool.



> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: [urq] Rear Valance Wheelwell Screws
> From: "Alan Pemberton" <alan_pemberton at telus.net>
> Date: Wed, July 30, 2008 7:59 pm
> To: "'URQ'" <urq at audifans.com>
> When removing the rear valance, found the 4 retaining screws on each side 
> seized.  Now ready to reassemble and have obtained  the white plastic caps 
> (431 809 100) that press through the holes in the wheel arch lip and the 
> internally threaded aluminum inserts that slide inside the plastic caps (N 
> 030 355 1).  Does anyone know how to anchor the aluminum part inside the 
> plastic cap?
> Alan
> 85 urq
> _______________________________________________
> Audifans urq mailing list
> Send posts to: mailto:urq at audifans.com
> Manage your list connection: http://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/urq
> North American Celebration of the 25th Anniversary for the urquattro: 
> http://www.urq25.com/
> Pictures/Polls/Database at: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/urquattro/
> You can help keep the audifans site running by shopping at 
> http://audifans.com/shop/

More information about the urq mailing list