[urq] cracks on 20v head?

Brandon Rogers brogers at terrix.com
Mon May 5 12:36:37 PDT 2008

I had a couple fairly bad cracks on my 20V head (3B) between the plug hole
and valve seats in one or two cylinders.  I don't know the threshold for
them being okay vs. not okay - I had a good aluminum welder repair them - I
believe he drilled out the cracks and filled back in with Alum.  Was about
$300 IIRC (and at the time it was cheaper/quicker than trying to find
another head....)

...not sure how helpful that is....