[V6-12v] Hesitation

James4ihl at aol.com James4ihl at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 10:37:23 EST 2004

Hi All --

Regarding the hesitation problem I've asked about in previous posts:

I've cleaned the MAF sensor. It's made the running better in other respects,
but hasn't cured the hesitation problem. I checked the vaccum system around
the intake manifold for joins/kinks/leaks and didn't find anything obvious. The
car is booked in to the garage to have it's fuel delivery/tank checked (but as
I mentioned before, the problem pre-dates a new pump/filter which weren't
blocked when removed, so I'm a little dubious the problem lies there).

Any other ideas from anyone?

FYI - 1992 UK model A80 V6 2.8L, Manual, No EGR, Manual CO adjustment via MAF
sensor on this model (so no adaptation cycle on O2 sensors)...