[V6-12v] C4 100 new owner questions

Joe - Audi audi at olderie.com
Thu Jun 24 16:32:25 EDT 2004

The US octane rating is (RON+MON)/2 and is called CLC.

According to some VW manuals, the CLC rating is usually about 4 points
below the RON rating.

So...  95 RON is 91 CLC, and 98 RON is 94 CLC (approximately).

I run 93 CLC in my '94 100 S and get about 21-22 mpg in light city
driving.  I'm sure I can do better but still have some gremlins that I
haven't kicked out of the engine bay yet...