[V6-12v] Hub Centric Rings ?

Mancubus99 Mancubus99 at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 12:37:05 EDT 2004

The wheels I bought and installed (18x7.5) on my '95 90Q came with the
spacers.  They are made of a plastic material so it's probably the
polycarbonate type you referred to.  3 years than they're still going strong
on my lowered, stiffened and 80 miles/per day daily driver.

-----Original Message-----
From: v6-12v-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:v6-12v-bounces at audifans.com] On
Behalf Of Greville Bowles
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 12:11 PM
To: V6-12v List; Quattro List; Audifans West Toronto
Subject: [V6-12v] Hub Centric Rings ?

I am installing some aftermarket wheels (16" AR Vortec) on the 90Q and need
some advice. The new wheels require rings (spacers?) to align properly; to
keep them hub-centric. I have heard of both metal and polycarbonate types.
My experience with polycarbonate is that it is quite brittle and I'm
surprised by it's use in this application. Can anyone here shed some light
on this for me. (BTDH's, pros/cons of the materials)

At this time I have no idea where to get these rings (Canadian source?) or
what size is needed.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Mr. Greville H. Bowles
RR 5, Rockwood, Ontario N0B 2K0
E-mail:   zaphod at cansafe.com
'95 90Q
'85 245
'83 GS650GL

V6-12v mailing list
V6-12v at audifans.com

More information about the V6-12v mailing list