[V6-12v] Oil leak under intake manifold

Jon Hohlfeld jonhohlf at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 14:18:58 EST 2004

Hello to all,
I have been experiencing an oil leak for a while in my 94 90 quattro, I have been noticing burnt oil smell when I stop at stop lights. I was checking into it today and it appears there is oil pooled under the intake manifold, and that it is running down the back of the engine and onto the exhaust.
My question would be for someone who has experienced this, what gaskets should I have on hand when I dive into it, and what would be the best source for those gaskets? I don't want the car to be out of commission too long, as it is usually the car my wife drives and the one with the car seat in it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I always do all my own work, but I have never been into that area of the 12V V6 yet.
jonhohlf at yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?