[V6-12v] air flow flap - where is it? how to remove ACC unit? - 15.7, 15.5 ACC code

Steve Thorssell sthorssell at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 13 10:04:01 EDT 2005

Hello All,
I have a '95 90 Quattro - air conditioning stopped working.
I looked at the diagnostice codes for the Automatic Climate Control (ACC)
(hit and hold recirc, hit up arrow) (thanks to archives for this info.)
>From 01c I get either 15.7 or 15.5 at different times.  This is air flow
flap sporadic or static block.

This happened a few years ago and an repair shop I think just replaced the
flap potentiometer.  I checked the bad part out and it looked fine as far as
output signal.  I would like to check out the wiring connections to it
and/or the ACC and also see if there is a blockage.  I just don't know where
the flap is and how to get to the back of the ACC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

'95 90Q