[V6-12v] Almost stall at start

Lino M. Valadas l.valadas at rogers.com
Fri Feb 24 08:38:40 EST 2006

My wife's 93 90cs has for a long time experience the following at start up
time:  The engine starts always very well with no gas, revs up and then
within a few seconds the revs come to almost stalling.  At that point some
other mechanism kicks in and bring the engine back up to normal idling
speed.  The engine never really stalls.  Once it does this hiccup, it never
does it again until the next cold start.  I have cleaned the ISV to no
avail.  Has anybody experience this?  Is there a sensor sending the ECU the
wrong input? Any suggestions would be welcome.