[V6-12v] Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders

Casimiro Izquierdo caig01 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 16:23:29 PDT 2007

Well, the semi-dealer mechanic wants a fortune to change these two cylinders.  My home visiting mechanic did not show up today, so it looks as if I will have to do this job by myself.

There are some small problems though.

1- I have no idea where these cylinders are located.  I gave a very perfunctory look from above and could not find anything that looked like these cylinders.
2- I know that they work with brake fluid, do I have to drain the system and then fill it up and bleed the brakes?  A lot of air is going to get into this system if I do that.
3- Does anyone have any graphics or pictures that show the location of these cylinders?
4- Any idea about the order in which these units should be replaced?

Any suggestions, ideas, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Do You Yahoo!?