[V6-12v] 95 cabriolet Anti theft mal-function - please help
skramer at mac.com
Thu Mar 12 12:42:57 PDT 2009
I have a 95 audi cabriolet with a mal-functioning alarm system. Took to my
mechanic. Says he couldn't communicate with alarm module. Removed a fuse
that seemed to work. It disabled the central locking mechanism and the anti
theft. With all the rain however, the alarm has re-engaged itself ( short
or something to make connection) and sends a kill signal to my ignition as
well as occassional signals to flashers. Does turn on horn or affect
anything else on car. There is an audible clicking sound coming from behind
the passenger speaker.
Again wondering. There must be some way to permanently di-engage the alarm
/ anti theft device. I don't care if I don't have it and it's such a small
car that I can manually lock the car. Must be some way.
- wonky central locking - automatic locking failed in the fall.
- passenger door would lock/unlock many times. unlocking one door would not
unlock any others
- a month ago, locked the trunk and engaged the alarm system.
- unlocking all locks did not turn off the system.
- mechanic removed the fuse which turned alarm off.
-1989 audi 200 - rip
- 1990 audi v8 - rip
-1995 audi cabriolet
- 1996 audi avant - traded
- 1998 audi avant - traded
- 2000 audi avant - traded
- 2003 audi allroad
More information about the V6-12v