[V8] I don't believe it!

Ed Kellock ekellock at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 21 12:21:26 EST 2003

Roger, on mine the o-ring that seals the distributor base is leaking and the o-ring on the dist itself does a pretty good job of holding it in, but every once in a while some seeps out and drops right on the exhaust.  Also my valve cover gasket it leaking and this comes down and manifests itself as a leaky oil sender unit.  When I had the alternator out for replacement, I was able to track the leak back up to the v/c gasket.

Not saying your guy's diagnosis is wrong, but with these other two much easier opportunities to check, just wanted to share them.

Colorado Springs