[V8] Help Diagnosing V8 Fuel Problem...

Jeremy Ward jward at mti-interactive.com
Tue Feb 3 16:33:14 EST 2004

I had problems like what you describe with my old '80 4k...  It was on
our honeymoon crossing the Canadian border.  Ah what a memorable moment
in Audi ownership history...

It turns out I just had some bad gas (pardon me).  It finally cleared up
on it's own after a tank or 2.  I think I changed the fuel filter when I
got home to be on the safe side.

Did you fill up in any Podunk towns recently?  Just a thought...

Is it isopropyl alcohol that is supposed to 'dry' out any moisture out
of your tank?  Can't remember for sure, or if this is even a possibility
for your symptoms.

Happy troubleshooting,

- Jeremy