[V8] V8 Fire !

Jason Wilkerson wilke_jb at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 12:05:51 EST 2004

   I put the v8 up on the stands last night.  I didn't get to tear in to
it like I wanted to but did find the following:
    1.  The fire damage was minimal, eventhough all of the heat sheilding
is in place it seems as though the rubber sound/rust coating caught on
fire, whether from a layer of grease, tranny fluid, or just getting too
hot I don't know.  The only thing I could see that was damaged was the
gear selector cable, which just melted the blue rubber insulation a
little.  The trans case had some soot on the side but I see no leaks, nor
can I tell any difference in driving.
    2.  The drivers side cat is definately destroyed, possibly both.  The
drivers side was the one rattling but I know that I have a clog somewhere
and It could be from the passenger side, I will know this weekend.

I post this here for 2 reasons, one is to inform you about this, and two
is because nobody else cares (who knows maby you guys don't either).

                      Thanks for the condolences,

Do you Yahoo!?