[V8] UFO Brake Pad Backing Plate

Korn, Bob Bob.Korn at Fike.com
Thu Jan 8 08:40:49 EST 2004

Don't have UFO's, but I would guess this is to help prevent brake squeak.

-----Original Message-----
From: CoultL at aol.com [mailto:CoultL at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:42 PM
To: v8 at audifans.com
Subject: [V8] UFO Brake Pad Backing Plate

The inboard (brake piston side) UFO pads that were in my car when I bought
had a thin backing plate glued to the actual pad backing plate....ha how
clear is that?  I think/hope most of you will know what plate I am talking
The pads I just bought do not have the plate installed.  I does not seem
Audi sells this part.  Are they necessary?  What is their function?  Where
can I get them?  TIA.

-Justin Lewis
V8 mailing list
V8 at audifans.com