[V8] tools for timing belt replacement

Korn, Bob Bob.Korn at Fike.com
Mon Mar 1 21:01:49 EST 2004

Chris at Force Five has the tools for rent and decent prices on parts.

-----Original Message-----
From: kyle leatherwood [mailto:kyle_leatherwood at hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 7:32 PM
To: v8 at audifans.com
Subject: [V8] tools for timing belt replacement

Greetings all,

Well the exhaust is on now.  Thanks Steve Bednarski for providing me with a
just like new stock exhaust for my baby.  Driving is so very enjoyable it is

indescribable.  Until now I didn't think that I could find an engine hat
would compare in smoothness and power as my V12 Jaguar XJS, but I stand

Only I'm not doing a lot of driving because I am scared of the timing belt.

It was supposedly changed at 65,000 miles, but the previous owner couldn't
show me a reciept.  As anyone can imagine, I am leary.  He did give me
however a new timing belt and water pump that he had purchased for
replacement at 120,000 (it now has 102,000) miles.  My problem is now
finding the tools to do the belt replacement.  I am hoping that someone out
there leases these tools (Blaufergnugen does, but you have to buy their belt

kit to be able to rent them).  As I said, I already have the belt and water
pump, but I do need to purchase the tensioners and seals to complete the

If anyone leases the tools or know anyone that does, please let me know.  I
am at a stopping point right now and I am not going to be able to enjoy the
V8 like I should until I get it changed out.

Thanks everyone and happy motoring!

90 V8 Quattro
90 Audi 80
85 Jaguar XJS
71 MG Midget
69 MGB

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 1 month FREE! (Limited-time Offer)

Audifans V8 mailing list
Send posts to: mailto:V8 at audifans.com