[V8] Stereo Install Question

Ingo Rautenberg i.rautenberg at waratap.com
Fri Nov 4 18:20:23 EST 2005

Done this on two V8s -- fun, eh?  I ran into a similar problem, but mine
ended up being a problem where the head unit wasn;t powering up the amp --
which is not the problem in your case.

OK, I'll preface this by saying I'm not familiar with either your head unit
or amp.  However, the good news is that they are both turning on.  Many amps
have a switch/switches enabling you to run either RCA or head unit speaker
inputs.  Maybe your amp is switched to use the speaker leads and not the RCA
inputs.  To negate any radio problem, I suggest playing the CD at 1/3 volume
(should be plenty).  So if max is indicated as 33, run 11 :-).  Also, many
amps have adjustable gain for the RCA inputs, so these may need to be
adjusted as well.