[V8] 14 hours RHD rack fixed!

Korn, Bob Bob.Korn at Fike.com
Fri Feb 24 07:58:53 EST 2006

Do you have the part number for the 16V rotor?

90 V8Q Pearl Gray Sport 167K 17"Avus

-----Original Message-----
From: v8-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:v8-bounces at audifans.com] On Behalf
Of pdlord at talent.com.au
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 2:30 AM
To: V8 at audifans.com
Subject: [V8] 14 hours RHD rack fixed!

My V8 was ready today after  2 1/2 weeks in the shop getting the rack
and a new steering damper fitted.

The mechanic did a great job, charged me very little and the steering
has better feel and doesn't suffer kick back quite as much. The coolant
gauge even came back to life tonight when I went for a drive in the car.
this V8.

The rotor button from a Golf 1.8 16v worked a treat (thanks guys) and a
heads up
for anyone with right-hand drive removing the rack... make sure you
leave room
to take it out the left (passenger's) side of the car...

And the tie rods are not the same as US cars, they are fitted upside
down here
in Australia ;)
Audifans V8 mailing list
Send posts to: mailto:V8 at audifans.com