[V8] Automatic Shifting Speed

Michele_Deltergo at KeyBank.com Michele_Deltergo at KeyBank.com
Fri Jun 23 15:43:19 EDT 2006

My 90 behaves very differently when switched between E & S.  Yours seems so
similar I would question whether or not is was functioning properly?

From: "Stafford, Kenneth A." <stafford at WPI.EDU>
Subject: Re: [V8] Automatic Shifting Speed

Are you saying that's when it up-shifts at WOT?  My '91 is FAR different!
Whether is E or S, it up-shifts at 6500 at WOT.  I can't imagine was a
it would be not to get that 6000+ pull.  Mine will hold to about 85 mph in
second when you floor it in E or S.  In fact, I can detect just the
difference in shifting between E and S--it definitely shifts to 4th in S
before the 127 mph reported by some, and it also goes into converter lock
the same 50 mph.  When in M it does also start out in 1st and shifts early
(so I guess I do have the s/w upgrade?).  I often flip it to M when its in
the silly "I'm too cold to shift out of 2nd until 2900 rpm mode"--when this
is done it shifts immediately to 3rd.

91 V8Q

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal
information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key send an e-mail to DNERequests at key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the