[V8] Seat Debris

S_Matus scott_matus at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 12:31:31 EST 2006

I hope someone can help identify a part that came from under my seat from a HARD stop. Of course it lodged under my feet, causing interference with safe motoring.

It is a red  spring about 1" in diameter (broken in 3 pieces) that is encased in a white delrin housing.  Each end of the housing has a fork shaped cradle which looks like it is riding on a greased rod.

How soon do I need to repair this?  Are these "springs" still available or used only?

I will not move the seat adjustment for fear I'll damage something major.

'91 V8QM
'03 RS6 (finally painted and let the assembly begin)
'02 allroad (wife's)