[V8] Oil sender tool?

Mike Arman Armanmik at earthlink.net
Sat May 20 15:06:58 EDT 2006

I think I've traced the (latest) oil leak to the oil sender on the lower
right front of the engine. Its the sender with the two wires on it.

There's a special tool to remove it (and what else did I expect?) which
I think should look like a tube with a single tab welded onto it. The
tube slides over the sender, the tab engages a notch in the upper rim of
the sender and then you can unscrew it.

Anyone have this tool or have the dimensions so I can fabricate one?
(Why is nothing easy on these cars?)

Best Regards,

Mike Arman

V8Q, and they *still* ain't touching it.

More information about the V8 mailing list